Victims of DSH Housing Group's (and all aka's operated by DeVon S. Howard and Sons,
Dan and Chris) "Deposit Collection Scam"....
How to get your money back
1) Call your local police department and file a complaint against DeVon S. Howard (for theft and internet fraud).
2) File a complaint with the FBI Internet crime complaint center here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx (At the bottom of the page is File a Complaint link, click there). "The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints."
3) File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov
4) File a complaint with the Utah Attorney General, office of consumer protection here: http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/manual.html. To speak to the primary investigator direct, call Steven Jentzsch at (801) 530-6443.
Quality Wholesale Homes West, LLC
293 E. Telegraph Street #200
Washington, UT 84780
Committed deceptive acts or practices by soliciting or entering into consumer transactions with persons who lack the mental ability to comprehend the nature and consequences of the transactions; Failed to make refunds to consumers within 30 days of receiving valid requests for refunds; Failing to ship goods or furnish services within the time represented after receiving payment.
Conducted business regulated by the Credit Services Organization Act without first securing a certificate of registration and posting a bond, letter of credit or certificate of deposit; Charged or received money or other valuable
5) Contact Carla Sanchez of Legal Aid Society. Phone: 956-393-6230. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Texas resident, she can help you get your money back for no cost, or give you legal information of those in your area that may be able to help you for free or low cost.
6) If you reside in Texas, or were scammed by the Texas based DSH, call Mr. Brandon Poland, an Investigator with the Texas Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs. They have revoked DSH Housing's bond money, which is now being used to reimburse the victims of the DSH Housing Deposit Collection Scam. He can help you get a refund through the Texas Dept. of Housing Affairs.
Brandon T. Poland, Investigator
Manufactured Housing Division
Office of Consumer Protection
Texas Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs
512-463-7335 (Direct Line)
877-313-3023 (Toll Free)
7) If you were scammed out of $5000.00 or less, file a complaint through your Small Claims court or if the amount stolen is more than that, file your complaint with The American Arbitration Association or your local Legal aide society to request help with a civil lawsuit. Be sure to name DeVon S. Howard, R. Scott Leckie and David Higbee dba Quality Wholesale Homes dba DSH Housing Group collectively in your complaint. D.S.H (Devon S. Howard) owns multi-million dollar properties in Reevesville, South Carolina and St. George, Utah, according to the www.Intelius.com report. Once you obtain a judgment, you can sieze or lien any property they own, including bank accounts, cars, homes and business earnings or wages until your paid back in full.
8) To help protect the public from being duped by this type of fraud, post your complaint and/or contact the following websites:
9) Submit your story to the local and national media, TV and radio reporters, internet crime investigative reporters and anyone in your area that will listen.